35th Annual Potomac River Cleanup with FODM & NPS
April 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join the Friends of Dyke Marsh and the National Park Service on Saturday, April 15 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon for the 35th annual Potomac River Cleanup in partnership with the Alice Ferguson Foundation. We will conduct a trash cleanup along the Potomac River shoreline in Dyke Marsh, Belle Haven Park and the Haul Road Trail.
If you can participate in this trash cleanup, please register using this link: https://forms.office.com/g/xfavwk5dGn
Check in at a registration table in Belle Haven Park near the south parking lot or at the entrance to the Haul Road Trail. We will provide gloves, tools, trash bags and hand sanitizer. Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, long pants and sleeves, gloves and sun protection. Bring water. Participants will be notified in advance if this event will be cancelled due to inclement weather.
You may also send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this event.
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Upper Potomac
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Carolyn Bednarek
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Maximum Volunteers: 150
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: Haul Road Trail Directions and Parking: GPS: 38.777739, -77.050540 Turn off the Parkway onto the road to Dyke Marsh Nature Preserve and Belle Haven Marina. Take the first left to go up to Belle Haven Park parking. Walk back to the marina road, cross the road, then 30 yards to the left is the beginning of Haul Road.