Join us for our Adopt- A-Stream cleanup at Kingman and Heritage Island! We do have a limit to the number of people who can join us due to the pandemic so please register here (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/adopt-a-stream-cleanup-kingman-lake-tickets-125040536611).
- County: District of Columbia
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Anacostia
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Lora Nunn
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: FriendsOfKingmanIsland@gmail.com
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 15
- Restrooms available?: No
- Directions: 575 Oklahoma Avenue NE, Washington DC, 20002 (entrance from Benning Rd. & Oklahoma Ave. NE, cleaning up Kingman and Heritage Islands)
Accessible by several bus stops, closest is Benning Rd. NE & RFK North pkg Lot.
Nearest metro station is approximately 1 mile away: Stadium Armory Metro Station. On site parking.
Metro: Stadium/Armory (Blue/Orange/Silver), Metrobus D6,X1, X2, X3