« All Events
Adopt-A-Stream – Melvin Hazen
November 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- County: District of Columbia
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Rock Creek
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Samantha J Battersby
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 10
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: The trail borders a creek that drops steeply from Connecticut Avenue to Rock Creek Park. The trail can be navigated in sneakers, but boots might be preferable.
- Directions: 495 to Connecticut Ave South. Take Connecticut Ave South until you get to Tilden Street. The trail entrance is on the EAST side of Conn. ave between Rodman and Tilden Streets. It is bordered by two large apartment buildings.
By metro, take the red line to Cleveland Park station. Exit on the East side. Walk north for 2 blocks crossing Porter Street. The entrance to the trail will be on your right and is marked by a sign and a couple benches.