- This event has passed.
Big Neabsco Creek Cleanup at Woodbridge: Eagles Park, Prince William County (2022)
March 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
2022 Big Neabsco Watershed Cleanup.
Join the Prince William Conservation District for water quality and plastic pollution awareness in Prince William County.
Come celebrate the County’s first Trash Trap and give a treat to this beautiful scenic site of the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail.
Organized by Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition (PWTSC), Woodbridge Potomac Community Civic Association (WPCCA) and the Conservation District’s Water Quality Partners for Clean Waterways in PWC.
Saturday, March 5, 2022 (9:00 am).
The trash cleanup will be conducted from two locations:
1. Neabsco Eagles Park, at 15801 Neabsco Rd, Woodbridge, VA 22191
2. Neabsco Regional Park / Neabsco Boardwalk, at 15125 Blackburn Rd, Woodbridge, VA 22191.
Come to learn and see in first hand how floatables make their way into the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay.
In 2020, 247 adults and children came out to help clean up the watershed that empties into the Potomac River and collected enough trash to fill 260 large trash bags and 82 tires for a total of 3,840 pounds of trash. The number of volunteers went down in 2021 to 85 people due to the pandemic. Still, those volunteers collected 170 bags of trash and 21 tires for a total of 3,600 pounds of trash.
For Registration visit: www.pwtsc.org
Or follow this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsEX3G6UBPi9YVBbeDyCN02fWlvQ4HFGjLZtY3IGcUj5Sq4Q/viewform
For more information, contact :email@example.com
Come dress in boots or shoes that you will not mind to get dirty.
- County: Prince William
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Occoquan
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 400
- Parking capacity: 200
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Wetland area that receives all the stormwater from the Neabsco Watershed. This area always has mines of trash dominantly plastic bottles after every storm.
- Directions: The trash cleanup will be conducted from two locations: 1. Neabsco Eagles Park, at 15801 Neabsco Rd, Woodbridge, VA 22191 (This site has excess parking lots and is also accessible to location 2, Neabsco Boardwalk) 2. Neabsco Regional Park / Neabsco Boardwalk, at 15125 Blackburn Rd, Woodbridge, VA 22191. (Large cleanup area with limited parking)