Public is welcome – plenty of parking – easy kayak launch site. This event runs concurrently with Muldoon River Center Clean-Up and the Dove Pier Clean-Up. Join hosts Historic St. Mary’s City, St. Mary’s River Watershed Association, and the St. Mary’s River Yacht Club hiking the trails and policing the shoreline picking up trash. Bring gloves. Trash bags provided. Please meet us in the Historic St. Mary’s City Visitor’s Parking lot by Farthings and Enso’s Bakery.
- County: St. Mary's
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- Sub Watershed: St. Mary's River
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Emma Green
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: emmaSMRWA@gmail.com
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 60
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Kayaks can easily launch - Public is welcome. Join the local community for a walking and kayaking clean up. Primitive latrine on site.
- Directions: Southern Maryland western shore - south of Baltimore and the District. Take Rte. 5 south to St. Mary's City, turn right on Rosecroft Road, and look for signs to the Center and clean up.