- This event has passed.
Chesapeake & Ohio Canal NHP Cleanup
April 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup event around Canal Place and the C&O Canal National Historical Park.
- County: Allegany
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Upper Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Stephanie Siemek
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 25
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Free Parking found at Canal Place on Howard Street, near Footer's Dye Works Building (Parking lot Under I-68 Bridge beside Exit 43B, I-68 Westbound Off-ramp) or Canal Place parking lot, across from the Train Station/ CHOH Visitor Center.
- Directions: To Canal Place Heritage Area (13 Canal Street, Cumberland, Maryland): - From the East: Take I-70 West to I-68 W/US-40 W to W Harrison Street in Cumberland. Take exit 43 C from I-68 W/US-40 W toward downtown Cumberland. Turn left onto W. Harrison Street (signs for tourist Info). Continue straight to reach Canal Place Heritage Area. - From the West: Take I-68 E/US-219N/US-40 E. Take exit 43A S. Johnson Street toward WV28. Continue onto S. Johnson Street. Turn right onto Greene Street. Turn left at light to stay on Green Street. Turn right on Baltimore Street, and next right onto Canal Street (after railroad tracks). Will then enter Canal Place Heritage Area. To Howard Street (free parking under I-68): - From East: Take I-70 West to I-68 W/US-40 W. Take exit 43B for MD-51 toward Industrial Blvd/Airport. Turn left onto Howard Street. - From West: Take I-68 E/US-219N/US-40 E. Take exit 43C toward Downtown. Turn right onto Queen City Drive. Turn right onto W Industrial Blvd. Turn left at the first cross street onto Howard Street.