- This event has passed.
Cobb Island Potomac River Cleanup
April 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Potomac River Cleanup for Cobb Island, MD will be held on April 4th, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Bags, gloves, and drinks will be provided. Kids will receive school volunteer credit and certificates for participating.
Directions- From 301 turn onto Rock Point Rd. (route 257) travel approximately 12 miles and turn right onto Cobb Island Rd. (route 254) continue for about a mile until you cross the Cobb Island bridge. Once you cross the bridge, our table will be set up in the grass next to The Cove at Cobb Island. Parking can be in The Coves parking lot. Please sign in at the table as this is where you will be able to pick where you would like to clean up!
Email email@example.com with any questions.
- County: Charles
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Anna Pence
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 120
- Parking capacity: 15
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: This site is accessible for almost everyone. You can come by boat and dock at one of the local restraints, you must sign in at the "Welcome to Cobb Island" sign. It is best to come by car or bike to check in.
- Directions: Turn onto Rock Point Road (rt 257) off of Crain Highway (rt 301). travel approximately 12 miles down 257 and make a right hand turn onto Cobb Island rd (rt 254). Continue straight approximately 2.5 miles traveling towards Cobb Island and go over the Cobb Island bridge. Our check-in station will be set up in the grass right over the bridge in front of the coffee shop "The Cove".