- This event has passed.
Daingerfield Island Cleanup
October 17, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for a beautiful fall cleanup!
- County: Alexandria City
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Advocates for Clean and Clear Waterways
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: Team@WaterwayAdvocates.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 25
- Parking capacity: 250
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: No
- Directions: -Directions to Daingerfield Island coming from Maryland via the Woodrow Wilson Bridge: Take the first exit off I-495 in Virginia - Exit 1A up to stop light. At the stop light, turn left onto Washington Street. Continue North on Washington Street. Washington Street becomes the George Washington Memorial Parkway. After exiting Old Town Alexandria, exit on the right at Daingerfield Island/Washington Sailing Marina. Follow driveway to right. From Washington DC/I-395 & I-495 @ the Ameriacn Legion Bridge. Exit onto the George Washington Memorial Parkway in the direction of Alexandria. Just before reaching Old Town Alexandria, make a left turn into the Washington Sailing Marina/Dangerfield Island. Take driveway to right at split.