- This event has passed.
Dove Pier River Clean-Up
April 17, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Held at the Historic St. Mary’s City Museum – the public is welcome. Join site host and waterfront education director Marlee Putnam in a walking and/or kayaking cleanup of the beautiful St. Mary’s River. This event runs concurrent with events at the Muldoon River Center and at the Chancellor’s Point Community Center. Please bring gloves. Trash bags provided.
- County: St. Mary's
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Bob Lewis
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 15
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Kayaks can easily launch - Public is welcome. Join the local community rowers for a walking and kayaking clean up. Primitive latrine on site (Clivas composting?) Howie will be your host.
- Directions: Southern Maryland western shore - south of Baltimore and the District. Take Rte. 5 south to St. Mary's City, turn right on Rosecroft Road, and look for signs to the Center and clean up.