« All Events
Extreme Cleanup – Abilene Dr.
April 10, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Rock Creek
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Paola Soto
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 15
- Parking capacity: 10
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: This location includes cleaning up trash that is in the creek itself, to the extent folks are willing to go wading. Waders, pool skimming nets on long poles, etc. will be helpful to bring if you happen to have them and want to get into the water to clean. There is also plenty of terrain on dry land for those not wanting to go wading.
- Directions: Directions: From East-West Highway in Chevy Chase/Silver Spring, MD, turn south onto Beach Drive and follow road until you arrive at the closed gate that marks the border with Washington, DC. The parking lot to the right on Beach Drive.