- This event has passed.
Friends of Sligo Creek – Sweep the Creek Cleanup
April 25, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Events happening April 17th – April 25th!
Thanks to a partnership with the Montgomery County Parks Department, FOSC is able to provide gloves and bags for every volunteer. The trash and recycling that volunteers collect are picked up by the Parks Department.
To learn about the next event, check out the FOSC Calendar of Events. If you join Friends of Sligo Creek you will get our newsletter delivered right to your inbox so you have a heads up about upcoming events and articles about past events.
Many people collect trash and recycling between Sweep the Creek events. If you do so, you may put the materials you collect either in the trash cans in the park or dispose of them at home in your regular trash and recycling containers.
The Sweep the Creek program is an initiative of the Litter Committee. While we have a lead for the Sweep itself, the chairperson position for the larger Litter Committee is vacant. Please let us know via litter@FOSC.org if you are interested in this volunteer position or in becoming a member of the Litter Committee.
Find a cleanup near you at https://www.friendsofsligocreek.org/home/who-we-are/calendar-of-events/
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: litter@FOSC.org
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: litter@FOSC.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 50
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: varies per section
- Directions: see https://www.friendsofsligocreek.org/home/who-we-are/calendar-of-events/ for locations and events