- This event has passed.
Holmes Run Cleanup at Luria Park
April 25, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District and the Friends of Holmes Run as we cleanup up Luria and Holmes Run Stream Valley Parks.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Dan Schwartz
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: There is a walking path throughout most of the park. For those able, we will also be cleaning off-path in the floodplain. Please bring boots that can get wet and muddy. Some rubber overboots will be provided.
- Directions: Luria Park is located at 7624 Holmes Run Drive, Falls Church, VA 22042. Directions from the Beltway: 1) Take exit 51- Gallows Rd 2) Turn onto Gallows Rd south towards Annandale 3) Make the first left onto Holmes Run Dr. and follow it to the end. The park entrance is at the intersection of Holmes Run Dr and Executive Ave. Directions from Annandale: 1) Take Annandale Rd north from downtown Annandale 2) At the intersection with Hummer Rd, continue straight onto Gallows Rd 3) Turn right onto Holmes Run Dr just before the intersection with the Beltway 4) The park entrance is at the end of Holmes Run Dr where it intersects Executive Ave