The Lakeford Community Association is conducting a watershed clean up of Fairview Lake and surrounding inlets. The event includes the removal of trash, debris, and recycle materials.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- Sub Watershed: Cameron Run
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: William Smith
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking capacity: 5
- Maximum Volunteers: 20
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Lake and inlet areas include uneven and wet surfaces. Areas also include brush, bushes, and trees. Volunteers are encouraged to dress appropriately for walking in the woods, with long sleeves, long pants, and sturdy footwear. If available, please bring trash grabbers, etc. We will supply trash bags and gloves.
- Directions: From the 495 Beltway, exit at Route 50 east, to Fairvew Park, then Fairview Park North. Travel Fairview Park Drive north, turn right on New Providence Drive. If traveling on Lee Highway (Route 29), turn at Fairview Park Drive traveling south, and make first left onto New Providence Drive. Check in table located next to tennis courts. Cars can park on New Providence Drive.