- This event has passed.
MLK Day of Service at Belle Haven Park/Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve
January 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
***Please register for this event using the this link***
Please join the National Park Service (NPS) for a Potomac River shoreline trash cleanup and removing invasive English ivy from trees on Monday, January 17 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. You can chose either activity. We will follow social distancing protocols and provide gloves, tools, trash bags and hand sanitizer. No prior plant identification experience required.
Meet at the Belle Haven Park south parking lot near the restrooms. NPS will provide tools and instructions at a registration table which will be visible from the south parking lot.
Wear sturdy shoes, long pants and sleeves, and gloves. Bringing drinking water is recommended.
We will notify participants 24 hours ahead of time if cancelation in needed due to inclement weather.
– NPS & Friends of Dyke Marsh follow CDC protocols and we will practice six-feet social distancing
– Do not attend if you have any COVID-19 indicative symptoms (e.g., dry cough, fever, body aches, sore throat, or rashes)
– Do not attend if you have had any known exposures (or likely exposures) to individuals positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
– Maintain 6 feet social distance between you and other individuals.
– Wear a face mask for the duration of the event, unless you are outdoors with seven or more feet between you and other individuals.
– Cover any cough or sneeze with the inside of your elbow or a tissue which you then discard.
If you have questions about the event you can ask the volunteer coordinator Trudy Roth at email@example.com
- Site Type: Park
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Trudy Roth
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: Follow directions to Belle Haven Park in Alexandria, VA. Park in the large parking lot to the left after you enter. You will see NPS staff at a sign in booth near the parking lot.