Come help our Pimmit Run Stream Cleanup. Cleanup will occur along the stream from Great Falls Street to as far as Old Dominion Drive. Bags and gloves provided.
We will meet at the intersection between Lemon Road and Great Falls Street. Collected trash will be sorted as either recyclable or landfill and sent as data to the Alice Ferguson Foundation. This cleanup will not only benefit our local trail but the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay watershed. This is a source of drinking water for 80% of the population of D.C., Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. It is beneficial for both us and the animals we share our environment with that we keep this waterway clean and we thank anyone who helps for their participation.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Riley Purcell
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: 406) 595-8113
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 20
- Parking capacity: 20
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Parking is along Great Falls Street. The site is accessed by crossing over a small stream on medium-size rocks or walking behind the fence of 1932 Great Falls street and across a small bridge.
- Directions: From 495 South take the Chain Bridge exit towards Mclean. Make a right turn on Great Falls Street and continue approximately 1.8 miles. Park on the right-hand side of the road along the fence after passing Lemon Rd.