« All Events
Potomac Cleanup along Benning Road
April 17, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- County: District of Columbia
- Site Type: Roadway
- Watershed: Anacostia
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Elizabeth Crowther
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 15
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: All parking should be street parking, open upon availability of spots.
- Directions: Access is available from Southeast DC and from Downtown DC. We will meet near the Exxon at 2651 Benning Rd NE, Washington, DC 20002. This Exxon is not far from the northern parking and walking entrances to the Kingman and Heritage Islands Park. It is very close to a residential neighborhood in Northeast DC. We will start at the Exxon and split up the group to tackle both sides of Benning Rd, NE. We will head West on Benning Rd, NE and check-in when needed.
Please plan to find and secure parking prior to 10:00AM, with enough time to make your way to the Exxon, to check-in and to gather gloves and bags. Someone will help you check in and divvy out trash bags (yellow) and recycling bags (blue). If you have your own work gloves, please bring them! Keeping resource availability in mind is appreciated always.