- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup at Candoc Lane in Cumberland, Maryland
April 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park will be hosting a clean-up at Candoc Lane in Cumberland. Trash bags, gloves, and grabbers will be provided.
In support of the President’s Executive Order, face masks are required on NPS-managed lands when physical distancing cannot be maintained. We ask that you please be sure to wear a mask during this event. We will provide gloves, bags, and trash pickers. Please bring your own gloves if you have them to reduce the chances of running short of supplies. Thanks!
- County: Allegany
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Upper Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Stephanie Siemek
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: Stephanie_Siemek@nps.gov
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 15
- Parking capacity: 40
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: There is a restroom, but not sure if it will be open during event.
- Directions: From Industrial Blvd (RT 51) in Cumberland, - If coming from the west, turn right onto Virginia Avenue (coming from the east turn left). - Turn left onto E Offut Street Meet at the end of E Offut Street and Canoc Ln near Cumberland Wastewater Treatment Plant. Address: 105 E Offut Street Cumberland, MD 21502