- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup at Upper Pohick Creek, Middleridge Park and Woodglen Lake Park
March 26, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sixteenth year for this cleanup! Two local parks are included this year = double the fun. Come dressed for working in the woods — long pants and long sleeves are required and waterproof footwear may be helpful in some spots. Sandals are not appropriate for this event.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- Sub Watershed: Pohick Creek
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Sarah Mayhew
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 30
- Parking capacity: 25
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: No special issues. Terrain varies so we can accept volunteers of all ages. Come dressed for working in the woods -- long pants and long sleeves required. Sandals are not appropriate for this event.
- Directions: Directions: Two alternative locations to meet: First Location for Woodglen Lake Park: Meet in the cul-de-sac in front of 5505 Fireside Court for supplies and area assignments. From the intersection of Rt. 123 (Ox Road) and Braddock Road, go south on Rt. 123 for 0.8 miles and turn left onto Zion Drive at the traffic light. Go approximately 0.7 miles and turn right onto Sideburn Road. Take the second right onto Acacia Lane. Turn left onto Southport Lane when Acacia Lane dead ends. Continue straight on Southport Lane to Fireside Court. The park entrance is on the right. GPS: 38.804054, -77.311541 Second Location for Middleridge Park: Meet at the entrance to Middleridge Park between 5425 and 5427 Governor Yeardley Drive for supplies and area assignments. From the intersection of Rt. 123 (Ox Road) and Braddock Road, go south on Rt. 123 for 1.2 miles and turn left onto Paynes Church Drive (just after the traffic light at Popes Head Rd.). Take the second right onto Governor Yeardley Drive and park near the intersection with Clara Barton Court. GPS: 38.808098, -77.323657.