Be a part of the tradition! The Ward 8 Woods Conservancy has been hosting Shepherd Parkway Community Clean-Ups’s every second Saturday of the month since 2011!
Discover the beauty of one of DC’s most overlooked parklands while helping to undo decades of littering, dumping, and unchecked growth of invasive plants.
- County: District of Columbia
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Nathan Harrington
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Phone/Email: 2025202742
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: This is rugged terrain, with steep slopes, fallen trees, and lots of brambles.
- Directions: Take 295 to Malcolm X Avenue. Head up the hill away from Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. You will pass 2nd Street and Oakwood Street on the left. We meet in the picnic area in the park on the right, across from the mural and near the corner of Malcolm X Avenue Martin Luther King Avenue SE.