Join Surfrider D.C. and Inland Ocean Coalition D.C. for a Spring cleanup at Theodore Roosevelt Island! We will provide gloves, bags, hand sanitizer, and trash pickers. Please bring a mask and a friend.
Learn more about Surfrider D.C.: dc.surfrider.org
Learn more about Inland Ocean Coalition D.C.: https://inlandoceancoalition.org/whoweare/chapters/washingtondc/
- County: District of Columbia
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Megan
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 40
- Parking capacity: 10
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: This island park has level, gravel trails. There is a dedicated parking lot for this park, but spots are often limited as this is a popular park for walkers and bikers. Additional street and garage parking can be found in Rosslyn across from the park.
- Directions: Theodore Roosevelt Island Park, Washington, DC 20001
Turn directly off of George Washington Memorial Parkway. Cross the wooden bridge in the parking lot to access the island.