The annual Daventry Spring Cleanup is happening Saturday, April 10. Once again this year we’re joining in the Annual Potomac River Watershed Cleanup. As our residents make Daventry shine, we’ll be helping in a watershed wide network. Our neighborhood drains into the Accotink Creek which is dammed to create nearby Lake Accotink. The stream then empties into the Potomac at Gunston Cove’s Accotink Bay, to the west of Fort Belvoir.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Other
- Watershed: Accotink
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Thomas F Hay
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 75
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Some of the Daventry Community common property areas for clean-up are easily accessible from streets and nearby common property that are fairly level. Other common areas and park land include small gullies and ravines, occasionally with thick brush that may be harder to access.
- Directions: Volunteers please register at the Daventry Community Center, 7721 Painted Daisy Drive, Springfield, VA 22152.