Woodglen Lake Park Clean Up
April 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
We will clean up the park, including two feeder streams and around the lake. The terrain is varied so we can accommodate volunteers of all ages and physical abilities. Wheelchair access areas are limited due to a rough gravel path and off-trail areas to be cleaned.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- Sub Watershed: Upper Pohick Creek, Sideburn Run
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Sarah Mayhew
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum Volunteers: 20
- Parking capacity: 18
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Terrain is varied. Some areas are easily accessed along gravel paths, making it easy for families with young children to participate. Other areas to be cleaned require bushwhacking through swamps. Waterproof shoes or boots are helpful for those areas.
- Directions: Meet at the Woodglen Lake Park entrance at the cul-de-sac near 5505 Fireside Court (38.803779, -77.311352), Fairfax, VA 22032. Park along the neighborhood streets. From the intersection of Braddock Road and Sideburn Road, turn south onto Sideburn Road, after 1.2 miles turn right onto Acacia Lane, after 0.2 miles turn left onto Southport Lane and after 250 feet bear right onto Fireside Court. The park entrance is on the Fireside Court cul-de-sac.