Join us for a morning of cleaning up the creek and trails around Croydon Creek Nature Center and the John Hayes Forest Preserve. No advanced registration required. Children must be accompanied by an adult who can sign the waiver. SSL hours awarded for volunteer time.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Other
- Watershed: Rock Creek
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Elissa Totin
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 150
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: Croydon Creek Nature Center is located within the Rockville Civic Center Park, which is east of Rockville Pike. Look for the brown and white signs directing you to the Croydon Creek Nature Center.
If going south on Route 355, turn left onto First Street (a.k.a. Rt. 28). Make a right onto Baltimore Road. Stay on Baltimore Road going straight at the stop sign. Then left onto Avery Road. Follow it around until you see our parking lot and the nature center on your right.
If necessary, call the center for directions at 240-314-8770.