- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup at Cameron Run
March 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
This will be the annual Cameron Stream Cleanup run by the employees at Michael Baker International (but all are welcome!).
- County: Alexandria City
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: James Kelly
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 50
- Parking capacity: 100
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: The reach of Cameron Run along Eisenhower Avenue has a high rail which makes access to the stream banks difficult. The stream banks are also quite steep an lined with riprap. As the site leader I would guide volunteers a little further downstream to an opening in the railing where there is a path down to the water making the cleaning efforts a safe experience.
- Directions: The starting point will be at the Michael Baker International office building at 3601 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304. Free parking on the back side of the building in the parking garage.