- This event has passed.
Fort Belvoir Potomac River Watershed Cleanup
April 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
We are here to celebrate the 34th Annual Potomac River Watershed Cleanup! Help us cleanup our waterways by collecting trash along the shoreline from 9am to 12pm . Trash bags and gloves will be provided to those who register. Volunteers will meet at the Accotink Bay Wildlife Refuge Environmental Education Center and will be assisted by DPW Natural Resources Specialists. To register contact Tomás Nocera at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703-806-0048.
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Accotink
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Tomás Nocera
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Phone/Email: 703-806-0048/ email@example.com
- Maximum Volunteers: Unlimited
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Site is with Fort Belvoir US Army Installation) appropriate credentials are needed to access installation. Please make sure to have appropriate clothing for the event as it will be a shoreline cleanup!
- Directions: 10101 Johnston Rd, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 From Route 1 North: Take left onto Belvoir Road and enter through Pence Gate (Required credentials needed). Continue on Belvoir Road straight and keep slight left. Continue straight and take a right onto 21st. Continue on 21st, merge onto Clapp Street. Take a Left onto Warren Street and continue until the bottom of the hill. Turn right onto Johnston Road. Destination will be after the MWR building. From Route 1 South: Turn right onto Pohick Road and enter through Tulley Gate (Required credentials needed). Continue on Pohick Road and turn onto Theote Road (Right before the PX). Continue straight and turn right onto Warren Street. Continue until the bottom of the hill. Turn right onto Johnston Road. Destination will be after the MWR building.